In collaboration with Pakistan’s commercial banks, the State Bank of Pakistan has launched Roshan Digital Accounts. Millions of non-resident Pakistanis (NRPs) seeking to perform banking, payments, and investment activities in Pakistan can now have access to this account.
A completely digital and online process will enable NRPs to open accounts in Pakistan for the first time in Pakistan’s history without the need to physically visit a bank. A basic set of information and documents will be required to open an account with Roshan Digital Initiative. To comply with the due diligence requirement, banks must complete all necessary customer checks within 48 hours.
Roshan Digital Account
Customers of Roshan Digital Account can open either a foreign currency account or a rupee account, or both. These accounts would be interoperable and enable real-time online conversion from foreign currencies to Pakistani Rupees and vice versa.
Below we are sharing the list of all the banks that are offering Roshan Digita Accounts.
- Meezan Bank
- Faysal Bank
- Alfalah Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Samba Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Bank of Punjab
- Habib Metro Bank
Who is eligible for Roshan Digital Account?
- Passport holders who are not residents of Pakistan with NICOPs, POCs or NICs
- Individuals in the following categories: employed, self-employed, unemployed, housewives/homemakers, students, children, and pensioners.
- Companies and entities cannot open Roshan Digital Accounts.
How to open Roshan Digital Account?
You can open your account by following these simple steps.
1. Select the bank in which you want to open your account.
2. After selecting the bank visit their website and fill the account opening form.
3. After filling the form select the account type. There are 2 types of accounts. (i) Pakistani Rupee Account (ii) Foreign Currency account.
4. After filling the form you have to upload the scanned copies of your documents.
- Proof of non-resident status
- Passport (Pakistani / foreign)
- Proof of your profession & source of income.
- Now, after uploading the scanned copies of your documents upload your picture and SUBMIT the form.
- You will get the confirmation of your account within 48 hours.
- After the account opening, you can now transfer the funds to your digital Roshan Account.